Google
 

01 June 2017

Someone moved my cheese again


You may have read the book "Who moved my cheese" and wondered if there was anything to it.  Well, someone moved my cheese again.  Sometimes the cheese is a little thing, but sometimes that is all I need.

My current job has me located in the middle of a building, in a traditional non-descript cubicle where the only windows you can see are the ones on your computer screen.  But there was a window in the mail room and I could visit it on occasion and view the parking lots below.  I could also park in that parking lot that was so conveniently located next to my building.

But then someone got a bright idea and decided to build a new building on top of my parking lot and make us park two blocks away if we are lucky enough to find a spot. On top of that the wonderful view of the outside world I had from the mail room is now filled up with the view of a very ordinary and dreary looking new building.

It has been interesting to see it being built little by little but not enough to overcome the fact that it is still stealing my view as well as my parking spot.

So what I have found is that not all cheese comes in one big block. Sometimes it is many little bits of cheese, crumbs if you will, that add up to a worthwhile portion of daily life sustaining cheese. I can appreciate the small things. If done right, the small things can be enough, but how many of the small things can you take away before there is not enough?

Just like in the book, I have to start looking for new sources of cheese to replace that which is no longer there.  It is a good thing that I can appreciate the small cheeses. I would have a much harder time trying to replace a big block of cheese in one chunk.

This is Ed Nef with a view from the Farrwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment