Google
 

12 November 2013

6380 page views as of 12 November 2013

Hello all,
I have been away for a little while but I came back over to take a look and noticed that the Google formats have all changed.  I wasn't even sure if I still had an account or not, but if my nosing around is correct I have had 6,380 page views of my first 140 entries and I wish to thank each and everyone of you that took the time to make a visit.  I hope it was worth your time and I am now motivated to be once again a blog publishing author.

I am surprised at how long it has been since my last post.  Time flies in the face of a life.  Someone once said that life is what happens to you while you are making other plans.  It sometimes feels like life is what happens to you to spite your other plans.  It may feel like the world is plotting against your plans but I also think that it is a good indication that you are on the right track when you start running into opposition.  It is that opposition that helps you determine if there is enough energy in your plans or whether you will quickly lose interest and forget what it was you were after in the first place.  Personal goals are like that for some reason.

What I am getting at I guess is that there are many obstacles to the meaningful things in our lives and some of those obstacles take the form of distractions.  Distractions are those things that divert your attention away from what you really should be focusing on, those important goals in your life that are truly yours.

I have found myself chasing down several time-sucks lately thinking that they were useful in the pursuit of the goals that I think are important, and even though the time-sucks might move me toward my goals they are doing so in a glacially slow manner.  I need to speed up the process if I still wish to complete some of these goals within the normal life span of a normal bloggers life.

I think that means that I will have to give up something good for something much better (kind of the definition of sacrifice).  Of course much of knowing if you are going to something better is a matter of trial and error.  So I have done some trial and and done some error.  I haven't discovered the correct path just yet but I am still working on it.  That is the thing about worthwhile goals, you only lose if you give up on them.  As long as you continue towards a worthy goal you are making progress.  You will either complete the goal and be ready to move on to the next one or in the midst of working toward step one you will see step two and no longer need to complete step one.  Progress is progress, recognize it and move forward.

As you can tell I have still been working with and thinking about goals and such and I am sure there will be more to follow.  I will also have some things to say about time-sucks, but that as they say is for another blog post.

And as always (even with the pauses) this is Ed Nef with a view from the Farr West.

No comments:

Post a Comment