Google
 

20 May 2019

For those who read and those who don't



I went shopping the other day.  Nothing special, just average, everyday grab a few things kinda shopping and that is when I ran into this.  I was a little tired and wasn't too attentive but I needed some mustard which is one of those things I like to get as a condiment for various assorted eatables. 

As one that is always on the lookout for a bargain I thought it might be my lucky day when I saw a package clearly labeled as 40% more. 


Now in the past I have seen just this kind of thing when a producer is running a special and wants to give you more of something for the same price as a promotion.  "Score", I thought to myself...and then I looked again.


WHAT.  Well duh.  Of course a 20 ounce package contains 40% more than a 14 ounce package.  Why is that a big deal?  Short Answer: IT ISN'T.  They are just trying to make it sound like it should be. 

Next question, Is the bigger package the same price or at the very least a better deal?



Turns out in this case it is a slightly better deal.  I like it when they do the math for you and you can easily compare the price per ounce although sometimes they mix the measuring device used and you still have to rely on your own wit and possibly the calculator on your phone to convert.

But was this even a good deal?  Time to compare again.


Maybe it wasn't such a good deal after all.  And this one didn't even have to scream that the package was bigger, it just was.

After spending way to much time and energy going over and over again the decision making process that makes shopping fun and frustrating at the same time, I threw up my hands and left the condiment aisle altogether.  As you can see I did not have a mustard bottle in my basket.


I am pretty sure Twist and Shout cookies work with hot dogs.

This is Ed Nef with a view from the Farrwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment