Google
 

07 January 2015

I like lentils...

...but today I wonder.

Fixing some breakfast of toast, poached eggs and chocolate milk.  While getting the chocolate mix out I had to move a jar of lentils that was in front of it.  Sure enough the lid wasn't on very tight and off it came.  The jar fell to the floor and bounced sending the contents in all directions.  The floor had a nice impression of my foot outlined in lentils as I stepped back to survey my handy work.

So what is one to do when you start out the day this way.  Laugh it off and go finish your breakfast.  That would give me a chance to cool down and have my eggs while they were still warm.

Some days are just like that.  Some days I am a cluts and there is little I can do about it.  I have found that it is much better to just laugh it off and move on rather than getting all upset and blowing a casket.  If I get upset and well very likely get more of the same but if I laugh it off I have a better chance of not having a string of continual episodes that fill the day one after another.  Also, my bad day doesn't have to become someone else's bad day.

So breakfast finished, family comes down and notices the miss.  "What happened?" followed by "Don't worry I will clean it up."  You know what, they let me.

Maybe the pantry needed a little cleaning today.  Maybe I needed to pause and reflect the nature of a lentil.  Maybe I just needed a topic for my blog.  Either way it took a little time and effort but was really no big deal.  Most of these types of things are really no big deal.  And that is how we should treat them.

This is Ed Nef with a view from the Farrwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment