Google
 

17 December 2016

Crazy numbers


I was just looking at some stats for my little blog.  It is interesting but not always enlightening.  recently the average entry view count has gone up dramatically, from just breaking into the double digits to triple digits practically overnight.  I am not sure why.  I haven't noticed any new comments or mentions.  I think maybe it is a fluke of search-bots that started to take notice.  I guess that is okay.  Any attention is flattering.

The numbers indicate that it started a couple of months ago and goes backward to around September 2015 then the numbers drop off to to the first of 2015 when I start seeing numbers more in line with what I have been experiencing for the majority of this little experience.

As I was browsing this list I also happened on a little entry that was a favorite of mine on the special nature of the simple yet profound cookie, an entry made almost 7 years ago.  It had a view count of one.  Still it was one and I am grateful for that viewer.  If you happen to go there and have a read leave a comment of your favorite cookie.

There are several other entries that appear to have topped out at one view.  It happens.  On the other hand the most popular page remains the one I made about the experience I had taking the ACSC course back in September 2008.  If I was into niche marketing this would surely be an opportunity knocking but the subject was one that did not inspire me to invest any more energy with it.  I am guessing that the many page views came from others that were going through the course at the time and they were looking for any insights that would make their experience more manageable.  It is also probably why I have received views from Russia.

So here is entry #194.  According to the stats Farrwestview has had a total of 17,751 page views to date.  All are welcome and I hope that all will find something that will entertain, educate, inform, and enlighten.  After all, this is Ed Nef with a view from the Farrwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment