Google
 

17 December 2016

Very few people worthy of real admiration


There are very few people out there that are individuals of great character.  People that have one or two traits that are admirable and worthy of emulation.  People that although not perfect are striving towards being the best they can be.

One of the individuals that I have admired through the years is Richard Branson.  If you have not heard this name, he is the force behind the Virgin brands covering everything from music to space travel and a lot of things in between.  He is a man that knows how to enjoy life.

With his enjoyment of life comes stories of life experiences that don't always work out the way he expected.  One of these stories is about a bicycle training ride for an upcoming event which you can read about in his blog post you can find at this link and it comes with some pretty amazing pictures.

https://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/my-life-flashed-my-eyes

This is someone that I would like to spend a day with sometime.  We have a lot of the same interest.  We were at the same event one afternoon but the majority of the audience was looking his way and not mine.  That is understandable.  It was at Oshkosh and he was there to show of White Knight Two the plane that would lift and launch SpaceShip Two into space.  I am having trouble finding my photos but when I do I will add them.  Until then I will have to borrow one from http://www.futura-sciences.com/sciences/actualites/astronautique-tourisme-spatial-whiteknighttwo-vole-20052/



It is kinda nice to have someone in the public limelight that you can still look up to, and in his case it is often done quite literally.  This is Ed Nef with a view from the Farrwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment